Wednesday, January 27, 2010

LETTERS FROM HELLSING XXXII

The pool was deeper and further across than I remembered. As I began to swim, my now unbound hair started to tangle itself under my arms. So much for the graceful exit I thought to myself as I reached over with my left hand to pull my hair out of my armpit. The errant strands obligingly responded by wrapping themselves about my wrist. It seemed to be getting longer. I angrily tugged my wrist free only to have my hair whip around and begin wrapping itself around my torso pinning my other arm to my side.


Angel


I growled with frustration trying to swim with one hand.


I’m not finished with you yet.”


I’m finished with you. I thought kicking my legs and trying to ignore the hair wrapping around my waist.


Are you listening to me?”


No.” I thought back at him as I tried to pull away the hair which was now clamping down my thighs.


You stupid girl, you think you’re being clever? You think you can just walk away?”


My hair was now down to my knees its weight began dragging me down.


Do you know what happens to little fishes who turn their backs on the shark?


I stopped struggling and allowed myself to sink hoping to push off the bottom and propel myself to the surface.


This time Angel, I won’t just break your arm.”


My feet hit the gravelly bottom; I bent my knees to push off.


This time, I’m going to break you.


I pushed off shooting towards the surface only to be brought up short with a painful jerk.


Got you little fish.


I looked down to see what was holding me. A pale arm was thrusting out from the gravel its thin, bony fingers were wrapped about my ankle anchoring me to the bottom of the pool. I tried to pull my leg out but it only tightened its grip squeezing painfully. This was not good.


Let go of me you sick bastard!


His chuckle rolled over my mind like fly filled honey. When you ask so sweetly what can I say but no. I have you where I want you Angel, why should I let go?


Let go!


The hand squeezed still harder its purple black nails digging into my flesh.


Never Angel, I will never let you go. Not until I am bored of you or you are dead. But I might let you out of the water. Just admit that you are nothing, that I am your master. Submit to my will and live


No!


As I see it you have three choices; Submit, die, or grow a pair of gills. Don’t you just love choices?


I am not a ghoul! You are not my master! I sent kicking furiously at the arm.


That just leaves you with two choices.”


I was rapidly running out of air so I forced my self to calm down and think.


How are those gills coming Angelfish?


It’s not funny you know.”


It’s hysterical from where I’m standing. Come on, you can do it Angel just split those oxygen molecules away from the hydrogen.


Son of a…


You know Angel, not everything down here is dead.”


I froze, pulse pounding in my ears. The lights seemed to have gone out along the back wall. I squinted into the darkness straining to see. A shiver ran down my spine as I felt, rather than saw something moving toward me from the far end of the pool.

No comments: